Page last updated: November 2016
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Information about Us
www.ribbyhall.co.uk and any of the functionalities displayed on it (Our site) is a site operated by Ribby Hall Village of Ribby Road, Wrea Green, Preston, Lancashire, PR4 2PR (We, Us, Our).
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
· Our Privacy and Cookies Policy [BELOW], which sets out the terms on which We process any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us. By using Our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
· Our Blog Terms and conditions, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the blog on Our site. When using the blog, you must comply with these terms and conditions.
Changes to Our site
We may update Our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on Our site may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that Our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that Our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to Our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of Our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason Our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Our site.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through Our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of Our site or any service or product described on Our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access Our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of Our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password or if you have any issues relating to your user identification code or password in general, you must promptly notify Us at email@example.com.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from Our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on Our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on Our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on Our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from Us or Our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on Our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on Our site.
Although We make reasonable efforts to update the information on Our site, We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on Our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Liability and Indemnity
To the extent permitted by law, We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
You agree to indemnify, keep Us indemnified, defend and hold Us harmless in full and at all times against any liability, loss, damages, costs, claims, charges and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) sustained or incurred by Us including but not limited to loss of goodwill and/or reputation, or for which We may become liable arising directly or indirectly from your use of Our site, your failure to adhere to these terms or your delay in the performance of any of your obligations under these terms or from any criminal, fraudulent or negligent act or other claim relating to or in connection with the use of Our site or your actions arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
We will not be liable to You (to the extent permitted by law) whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or misrepresentation for any direct loss or damage, loss or damage arising from third party claims, loss of profit, revenue or goodwill or indirect or consequential loss or damage, opportunity or wasted expenditure, business or business interruption, corruption of data or loss of confidential information connected to Your use of Our site or inability to use it.
Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any liability We have for a breach of Our data protection obligations.
If you are a consumer user, please note that We only provide Our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use Our site for any commercial or business purposes, and We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on Our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by Us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods and/or services to you, which will be set out in the relevant terms and conditions of supply.
Uploading content to Our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to Our site, or to make contact with other users of Our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in Our Blog terms and conditions.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to Us and indemnify Us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage We suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to Our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant Us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to Our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of Our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on Our site if, in Our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in Our Blog terms and conditions.
The views expressed by other users on Our site do not represent Our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not guarantee that Our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access Our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our site, the server on which Our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our site. You must not attack Our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our site will cease immediately.
Linking to Our site
You may link to Our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to Our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on Our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party links and resources in Our site
Where Our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Ribby Hall Village of Ribby Road, Wrea Green, Preston, Lancashire, PR4 2PR (We, Us, Our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), We are the data.
Information We may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give Us. You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on Our site or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Our site, subscribe to Our service, search for a product, place an order on Our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on Our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, apply for an employment opportunity (see Applying for Jobs below) and when you report a problem with Our site. The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, CV and employment information, financial information, personal description and photograph. Note that any payment information (including but not limited to credit card details) shall be processed through Our online payment processor and that this information is entered directly onto their website using Paypal, iFrame or such other system in operation from time to time (see the relevant online payment processor’s website for further information).
· Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our site We may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
· Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services We provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
· Applying for Jobs. Where you apply for a job via Our site by uploading your CV and any supporting documentation, two things will happen: 1. The documents are processed and attached to an email with the other form data which is delivered to Us; and 2. The documents are securely stored in a directory on the server for up to 6 months.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
· Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our site when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way Our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our site. This enables Us to personalise Our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
· Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies We use and the purposes for which We use them below:
Purpose: To store information on the chosen parameters of the online booking session as you move through the process from page to page.
Content: A single encrypted code, no personal information.
Expires: When the user’s browser is closed.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to Us. We will use this information:
· to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data or otherwise notify Us in writing;
· to notify you about changes to Our service;
· to ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information We collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer Our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve Our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of Our efforts to keep Our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· Information We receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
· Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our site.
· Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of Us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.