Terms shall take the meanings given to them in the General Terms unless otherwise defined in this Policy.
It is important that upon entering into a Contract with Us, you retain a copy of the General Terms and this Policy at that time for future reference as We do not necessarily retain a record. Please read the General Terms and this Policy carefully prior to making use of Our Platforms. We recommend that you print a copy for future reference.
By using and submitting content on Our Platforms, you confirm that you accept the terms of this Policy and that you agree to comply with them and the standard terms and conditions operated by the relevant Platform which you are making use of (Platform Terms). If you do not agree to this Policy, you must not make use of Our Platforms. Where and to the extent that the Platform Terms operated by the Platforms conflict with this Policy, the Platform Terms shall take precedence to the extent that they relate to Our Platform page on the relevant Platform.
We may amend the General Terms and this Policy from time to time without notice to you and by uploading the most recent version to the Platforms and Our Website. This Policy was last updated on 23rd May 2018.
We reserve the right at any time to terminate or temporarily suspend Our Platform pages and related services at Our absolute discretion and you agree and acknowledge that We shall not be liable to you in any way should We do so. Please be aware that nothing appearing on Our Platform pages shall be deemed advice applicable to any particular person or situation such that it could be relied upon and the information is supplied for general illustrative purposes only.
· Any content posted expresses only the views of the author of the message and does not necessarily reflect Our views or any other person or entity. We use moderators to monitor content posted. However, considering the real-time nature of the comment facility, it is impossible to monitor or review every comment. Therefore, you agree that neither We nor any person or entity associated with Us, will be held responsible for the contents, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information posted on Our Platform pages.
· We have the ability to edit and/or remove objectionable content – please see Moderation below for further information.
· We reserve the right to edit or delete any content for any reason whatsoever, at Our sole discretion. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your posts and comments and other content, and that you will indemnify Us and hold Us harmless with respect to any claim based upon the appearance and/or transmission of your content.
· In the event of any complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you, We reserve the right to reveal your identity and any other information We may know about you.
· Users must not submit any content that does not comply with this Policy – see Prohibited Uses and Content Standards below – or any terms and conditions operated by the relevant Platform.
· In the event that We ‘follow’, ‘tweet’, ‘re-tweet’, ‘favourite’, ‘connect’, ‘endorse’, ‘like’, ‘share’, ‘friend’, ‘comment’ or interact with you in any other way via any of the Platforms, this does not (regardless as to the word used by the relevant Platform) mean that We endorse or approve of you, your products or services, or your contributions to Our Platform pages in any way whatsoever.
You may use Our Platform pages only for lawful purposes. You may not use Our Platform pages:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or encourages others to break any such law.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with Our content standards, as set out below.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
We do not lay claim to any content users submit and the posting user continues to own all Intellectual Property Rights in that content. By submitting to or making available any content you agree to grant Us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the content worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your content as We may require.
For the avoidance of doubt, this includes all quotes, photographs and other content which you submit and We may use this in any publicity or advertising materials as We deem fit.
By submitting or making available any content, you also agree to waive all moral rights in that content. We may (without notice to you) grant the same or other rights in respect of your content to third parties without payment to you and sell, distribute or otherwise publish your content. If you do not want to grant Us the rights set out above, please do not submit your content.
We operate Our Platform pages in order to interact with the community and provide information about Our products and services more readily. In order to improve your experience with Us and when using Our Platform pages We provide you with the opportunity to contribute and interact. These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to Our Platform pages (Contributions), and to any interactive services associated with them. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Before posting content which contains an image of another person(s); property owned by another person(s); and/ or reference to another person which might be used to identify them (either alone, or in combination with any other content), you must get that person's consent before you post it.
We will use reasonable endeavours to review all contributions as soon as possible but cannot guarantee when We will be able to do so, or whether they will be posted on or remain on Our Platform pages.
· Be in English.
· Be accurate (where they state facts).
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
· Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
· Contain any material which is profane, vulgar, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise offensive in Our reasonable opinion.
· Contain or promote sexually explicit material.
· Promote violence.
· Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other rights (whether in intellectual property or otherwise) of any other person or legal entity.
· Infringe any contractual agreement to which you are a party.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Promote any illegal activity.
· Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
· Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Infringe the privacy or confidentiality of any person or legal entity including (but not limited to) posting location and/or contact details of another person.
· Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Promote your business, including advertising or soliciting business.
· Give the impression that they emanate from Us, if this is not the case.
· Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
· Be otherwise is persistently abusive, threatening, repeatedly a cause of nuisance or annoyance or otherwise illegal towards other users.
We may operate automated or manual moderation features which may block or modify content, as is deemed appropriate or necessary and at Our (or the automated systems) absolute discretion based on:
· Specified words or phrases.
· Email address, domain, member ID or IP address.
· Size or type of attachments.
· Breach of the content standards set out above.
Should you find any content that you feel is inappropriate or not in line with these rules, please let Us know immediately. Upon receipt of such notification, We will make every effort to take such action as We deem necessary within a reasonable period of time. Since this is a manual process, you are advised that We may not be able to remove or edit particular content immediately but if We agree that it should be removed, We shall do so although it may take one or more days for the content to be removed.
Any user found posting unsuitable material or breaking any of the rules may be removed and prevented from using Our Platform pages.
Suspension and Termination
We will try and review all posts entered onto Our Platform pages and will determine, in Our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Policy through your use of Our Platform pages. When a breach of this Policy has occurred, We may take such action as We deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Policy constitutes a material breach and may result in Our taking all or any of the following actions:
· Moderation of any of the content which you post on Our Platform pages.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Our Platform pages.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Policy. The responses described in this Policy are not limited, and We may take any other action We reasonably deem appropriate.